TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Sale of Liquor act
- Returns and Refund Policy
- Payment Policy
- Secure Payments
- Wine Club & Hosted Event Cancellation Policy
- Wine Club
- Cellar Door Signup Terms & Conditions
By purchasing products via the Gibbston Valley Winery website you agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions listed on this page. These terms and conditions may be amended at any time by Gibbston Valley Winery by posting amended or replacement terms on this website.
If purchasing wine or other products on this website you agree to the following:
- You authorise Gibbston Valley wines to charge your credit card for the amounts appropriate to your purchase.
- If purchasing wine, you agree that you are at least 21 years of age if living in The United States of America or of the legal drinking age in the country that you reside.
- Prices, description and availability of goods: All goods are sold subject to availability. Where goods are temporarily out of stock we will contact you so that you may choose between a refund on the item, having it shipped when it is back in stock or selecting an alternative product. Whilst we take the utmost care to ensure the product descriptions, pictures, information and prices are accurate we do not accept liability for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions. Orders are accepted at our sole discretion and we maintain the right to decline orders without giving an explanation.
Gibbston Valley Winery respects and honours the privacy of its customers. The company doesn’t sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. If you elect to join the e-mail newsletter mailing list, your details will be added to our customer database to receive upcoming correspondence. Those who do not elect to receive the newsletter will not be added to any database apart from what is necessary to complete your online order. Any personal information that Gibbston Valley Winery collects from its customers is retained in a private database and may be referenced from time to time to help optimize the functionality of the website, online shop and other related areas connected to customer experience.
Sale of Liquor Act
Gibbston Valley Winery holds an ‘off license’ as defined in New Zealand’s Sale of Liquor Act and is legally authorised to promote, sell and deliver wine via online and mail order. Is it illegal for Gibbston Valley Winery to sell liquor to anyone under the age of 18. It is also illegal for anyone to purchase alcohol who is under 18 and to make a false declaration of their age in order to purchase liquor. It is against the law to use this site to purchase liquor if you are under 18.
To view our license click here
Returns and Refund Policy
Gibbston Valley Winery makes every effort to ensure that your wine and/or other purchases reach you in top condition. If you have any questions or concerns about your purchase, please contact us at +64 03 442 6910.
Gibbston Valley Wines is a New Zealand business and accepts online payments and payments made over the phone via Visa, Master Card and American Express. Payments are processed at the time of your online order.
If you are visiting our site from New Zealand, the prices listed are in New Zealand dollars, inclusive of GST currently at 15%.
If you are visiting our site from Australia, the prices listed are in Australian dollars, inclusive of all taxes relative to your purchase.
If you are visiting our site from the United States, the prices listed are in US dollars, inclusive of all taxes relative to your purchase.
Wine Club & Hosted Event Cancellation Policy
In the instance that a customer would like to cancel a booking for a Wine Club or other event hosted by Gibbston Valley, Gibbston Valley will do its best to sell the ticket(s) to another Wine Club member or, as many of our events do sell out, an individual on the waiting list. In the instance that the tickets cannot be sold, the following refund structure will apply:
2 weeks - 50%
1 week - 25%
72 hours - 10%
48 hours - No refund
The below Terms & Conditions apply to all Wine Club members upon joining the club. By joining the Wine Club you agree to the following:
- You are signing up to a one-year contract, and you agree that a shipment of one, two or four 12 or 15-bottle cases of Gibbston Valley Wines will be sent to you annually and on the shipment months of and February, May, August and November, or as indicated by your selected membership type.
- You authorize Gibbston Valley Wines to charge your credit card in the amounts appropriate for your Wine Club membership, including shipping when applicable.
- After one year, you may cancel your membership by written notice to Gibbston Valley Wines at any time up to two weeks prior to a shipment. Members who send a cancellation request less than two weeks prior to a shipment may still be charged for that shipment, and the cancellation will be implemented afterward. You agree that if you terminate my membership before the end of the first year, your credit card will be debited the difference between Wine Club prices and Cellar Door prices on wines already shipped to you or a $20 Admin Fee, whichever is greater. You agree that if you terminate your membership early, you may also be subject to repay the difference in membership prices versus retail prices for any special discounted benefits you may have received as part of the benefits of being a Wine Club member included but not limited to discounts on wine tasting, cave tours, wine purchases, dining at the winery restaurant and dining at A Taste of Gibbston Valley in Arrowtown.
- You understand that you can downgrade your membership by written notice any time up to two weeks before a shipment.
- You are responsible for notifying Gibbston Valley Winery of any address changes or changes in your credit card details before a shipment month and your wines are shipped.
- You understand that domestic Custom Members who do not select their wines by the shipment wine selection deadline will be sent and billed for the Winemaker’s Selection.
- By joining the Gibbston Valley Wine Club, you are declaring that you are at least 18 years of age, if living in New Zealand or of legal drinking age in the country that you are residing.
- By joining the Gibbston Valley Wine Club you understand that the contact details you provide will be used to send correspondence regarding membership updates, exclusive event invitations and other information pertaining to your membership. These details will be added to the Gibbston Valley database and stored securely. They will never be stored or rented to any third parties.
CELLAR DOOR SIGNUP TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Gibbston Valley Incentive of going into the draw to win a $100 online gift voucher is offered by Gibbston Valley Winery, 1820 Gibbston Highway, Queenstown, New Zealand (the “Promoter”).
- The incentive is open to those who complete the Cellar Door Sign up form Here.
- The Promoter will draw the winner randomly.
- The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Incentive promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason and shall not be liable to any entrant for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
- Any personal information collected about individuals as part of this Promotion will be collected and used in accordance with the privacy principles set out in the Privacy Act 1993.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- By entering the Promotion you agree to receive further information regarding Gibbston Valley Winery about its products, services, and other offerings (including by electronic message, including email and text message) using the contact details provided by you.