TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Sale of Liquor act
- Returns and Refund Policy
- Payment Policy
- Secure Payments
- Wine Club & Hosted Event Cancellation Policy
- Wine Club
- Cellar Door Signup Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to customers of Gibbston Valley Wines, LLC, which is a company founded in the United States of America (USA) and is owned wholly by Gibbston Valley Wines, LTD, the New Zealand parent company. By purchasing products via the Gibbston Valley Winery website and by joining the Gibbston Valley Wine Club, you agree to, and are bound by, all the terms and conditions in these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to modify our Terms and Conditions at any time.
By using our Web site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, and all the terms, conditions, disclaimers and limitations that appear or are made available to you on our site.
If purchasing wine or other products on this website you agree to the following:
- You authorize Gibbston Valley wines to charge your credit card for the amounts appropriate to your purchase, as defined by the price listed in your cart, inclusive of taxes, fees and cost of shipping.
- Shipping prices are subject to annual review in May and take effect 1st of July.
- If purchasing wine, you agree that you are at least 21 years of age. If that is not true, and we are held liable for any reason, you agree to indemnify us and/or reimburse us and be responsible for all costs, expenses, legal fees and damages we suffer or incur.
- If you are purchasing wine from Gibbston Valley Wines, you acknowledge that the wine will need to be signed for upon delivery. Deliveries will be attempted three times to the address that you provide. Should the three attempts fail, you acknowledge and agree to a $30 re-dispatch fee to cover the costs charged to us for the failed delivery as well as the cost of re-dispatching your wine a second time.
- Orders are accepted at our sole discretion and we maintain the right to decline orders without giving an explanation.
Gibbston Valley Winery respects and honours the privacy of its customers and wine club members. The company doesn’t sell or rent personal information to any third parties. The provided information, from those who elect to join the e-mail newsletter mailing list, will be added to our customer database to receive upcoming correspondence. Those who do not elect to receive the newsletter will not be added to any database apart from what is necessary to provide customer service for each of your orders or quarterly shipments Any personal information that Gibbston Valley Winery collects from its customers is retained in a private database and may be referenced from time to time to help optimize the functionality of the website, online shop and other related areas connected to customer experience. To improve the sites user experience we use Lucky Orange.
Sale of Liquor Act
Gibbston Valley Winery holds an ‘off license’ as defined in New Zealand’s Sale of Liquor Act and is legally authorised to promote, sell and deliver wine via online and mail order. It is against the law to use this site to purchase liquor if you are under 21 years of age. By using this website, you affirm and represent to us that you are over the legal age required to buy products containing alcohol.
Gibbston Valley Winery makes every effort to ensure that your wine and/or other purchases reach you in top condition. Unless your wine arrives, in incorrect variety or number, or is damaged, all sales are final. If you have any questions or concerns about your purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment and Refund Policy
Gibbston Valley Winery accepts online payments and payments made over the phone via Visa, Master Card and American Express. Payments are processed at the time of your online order. If, for any reason, we are not able to fulfil your order, your account will be credited or credit card will be refunded.
Wine Club & Hosted Event Cancellation Policy
In the instance that a customer would like to cancel a paid or RSVP’d booking for a Wine Club event or other event hosted by Gibbston Valley, Gibbston Valley will do its best to sell the ticket(s) to another Wine Club member or, as many of our events do sell out, an individual on the waiting list. In the instance that the tickets cannot be sold, the following refund structure will apply:
If cancellation is within 2 weeks - 50%
If cancellation is within 1 week - 25%
If cancellation is within 72 hours - 10%
If cancellation is within 48 hours - No refund
The below Terms & Conditions apply to all Wine Club members upon joining the club. By joining the Wine Club you agree to the following:
- You have signed up to a one-year contract, comprised of 4 quarterly, consecutive shipments. This membership will automatically renew unless you notify us of your desire to cancel your membership. You have chosen to belong to one of three specific Club Types that defines what wine is in each quarterly shipment: Purely Pinot, only Pinot Noir will be sent to you; Winemakers Selection, a mixture of wines chosen by our wine makers will be sent to you; Custom Selection, the opportunity and responsibility to choose exactly what is sent to you from our list of available wines; if no selection is made within the first 26 days of the month prior to each shipment month, you will be charged and send the Winemakers Selection. Along with Club Type, you have chosen to receive a specific increment of wine each quarter: 3, 6, or 12 bottles. The level of quarterly committed bottle count (3, 6, or 12) defines your discount amount off of retail price; 3 bottles per quarter receives 10% discount, 6 bottles per quarter receives 15% discount, and 12 bottles per quarter receives 20% discount off retail pricing. The combination of these two variables is how we define your membership category and is amendable up to 2 weeks prior to any quarterly shipment.
- Unless affected by unforeseen logistic circumstance, we charge your credit card on file quarterly on the 1st of: February, May, August and November.
- The wine is dispatched in waves according to your region. Deliveries east of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Arizona will ship on Fridays and require seven-day lead time.
- You authorize Gibbston Valley Wines to charge your credit card in the amounts appropriate for your Wine Club membership, including shipping, when applicable. Shipping prices are subject to annual review in May and take effect 1st of July.
- Custom Selection members can select their wine from the 1st day until the 21st day of January, April, July, and October, via their member account on our website. If no selection is placed by the member, the membership will be billed for and sent the Winemakers Selection at a bottle increment level that matches that of their Custom Selection quarterly commitment.
- Those receiving the Purely Pinot and Winemakers Selection shipments will be charged no more the stated price ceiling, not including the shipping cost. Please view our FAQs page for an updated list of prices.
- We review shipping prices and price ceilings annually. Any price changes will take effect 1st of July.
- After one year, you may cancel your membership by written of email notice to email@example.com at any time up to two weeks prior to a shipment. Members who send a cancellation request less than two weeks prior to a shipment will still be charged for and sent that shipment, and the cancellation will be implemented afterwards.
- If you cancel your membership before receiving four quarterly wine club shipments, that is viewed as an early termination. Early terminations are subject to a fee of $20, or, the amount of total discount you have received up until the point of your early termination—whichever is greater. The latter amount covers discounted benefits you may have received as part of the benefits of being a Wine Club member, included but not limited to, discounts on wine tasting, cave tours, wine purchases, dining at the winery restaurant, gift shop, and discounted event tickets.
- You can downgrade your membership to a minimum of ‘3 bottles per quarter’ by email notice any time up to two weeks before a shipment. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wine Club Members are responsible for notifying Gibbston Valley Winery of any delivery address changes. Failure to notify Gibbston Valley Wines of changes in delivery addresses will result in us passing along any fees incurred. Such include, but are not limited to: the fee charged to us by the courier for failed delivery, a $30 fee for re-dispatching the wine for a second time. Wine that must be re-dispatched to a new state will be charged a $40 re-dispatch fee. Members will be reminded quarterly to update their delivery details in the quarterly email announcing the coming shipment.
- Wine Club Members are responsible for updating their payment details via the ‘Member Home’ section of our website under the subsection titled ‘Credit Card Details.’ Members whose orders decline payment will be immediately issued an email notifying them of the declined payment from email@example.com. Declined orders do not constitute a membership being on-hold. Declined orders will be moved to the end of the order queue and will not be guaranteed the availability of what was initially ordered—but will be charged only for what is ultimately sent. Members will be reminded quarterly to update their payment details in the quarterly email announcing the coming shipment.
- If you are purchasing wine from Gibbston Valley Wines, you acknowledge that the wine will need to be signed for upon delivery. Deliveries will be attempted three times to the address that you provide. Should the three attempts fail, you acknowledge and agree to a $30 redispatch fee to cover the costs charged to us for the failed delivery as well as the cost of re-dispatching your wine a second time.
- You can put your membership on hold for a maximum of 6 months at any time prior to one week before the 1st of February, May, August and November. On Hold requests after that time will be charged and sent the shipment that corresponds with that quarter.
- By joining the Gibbston Valley Wine Club, you are declaring that you are at least 21 years of age.
- By joining the Gibbston Valley Wine Club you understand that the contact details you provide will be used to send correspondence regarding membership updates, exclusive event invitations and other information pertaining to your membership. These details will be added to the Gibbston Valley database and stored securely. They will never be stored or rented to any third parties. Email is our main and preferred method of contact.
- You agree to use of any photographs taken of you or your guest at a Gibbston Valley Wine Club event for marketing purposes.