Summer Concert Wine & Food Lineup
It’s not a party without great food and drinks, and the 2015 Gibbston Valley Winery Summer Concert, presented by Greenstone Entertainment on 31 January won’t disappoint. Along with getting to see legendary rock bands Heart, Foreigner and Three Dog Night rock out in Queenstown, fans also have access to premium Central Otago wines and tasty eats provided by some of the top local food vendors.
Wine will be available at all concert bars. If you're in the mood for a tasting, head to our Wine Tasting Tent where you can try Pinot Noirs from our Single Vineyard range along with other of our Estate range varietals.
All bars are cash only. There will be cash out machines, but we recommend coming prepared. It's party time.
The concert will also feature a delicious lineup of local food vendors. Here’s what’s in store:
Sip, Rattle and Roll
Wine, beer and cider will be available at all of the concert bars. Wine will be available in 375ml bottles for $20 each. Our concert wines this year include:
- Gold River Pinot Noir
- Gold River Pinot Gris
- Gold River Chardonnay
- Gold River Chardonnay
Beers available include Speights and Steinlager Light. Other drinks including, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and orange juice will also be available at all concert bars.
Wine Tasting Tent
In our Wine Tasting Tent, you’ll find our Single Vineyard Pinot Noirs, Methode Traditionelle and other varietals from our Estate range. Wine tasting will be available throughout the day for $10 and includes a tasting of three wines and a souvenir wine glass. The below wines will also be available for purchase by the glass or bottle to consume in the Tasting Tent.
The wines available for tasting include:
- School House Pinot Noir
- China Terrace Pinot Noir
- Gibbston Valley NV Methode Traditionelle
- Gibbston Valley Pinot Noir
- Gibbston Valley Pinot Gris
- Gibbston Valley Riesling
Food provided by Zamora, will also be available in the tasting tent.
Zamora specialises in grilled meat sandwiches prepared with a South American and European flair. Some of our favourites include their beef sirloin sandwich and their pulled lamb with chimichurri.
- Classic Cafe: Gourmet coffee and more.
- Curros Ole: Spanish donuts fried to sweet perfection and covered in cinnamon and sugar.
- Devil Burger: With option toppings like bacon and pineapple, these burgers are sinfully good.
- Donut Dude: Deep-fried fantasies come in many flavours, trust us.
- Francesca's Wood-fired Pizzas: Cheesey goodness served by the slice.
- Indian: A little spice makes it nice with these traditionally handcrafted Indian dishes.
- LunaFour: Food that needs an encore, just like our headliners.
- Mr. Whippy: Not just rock icons, this concert has Kiwi ice cream icons too.
- Patagonia: Decandent chocolate, ice cream and gourmet coffee takes center stage when the Patagonia truck rolls in.
- Suma Sushi: Ready to go sushi for a delicious light bite.
- The Design Juicery: Jump start your heart with good and good-for-you juices.
- Empanada Kitchen: South American and European street food with simple flavours to savour.
- The Food Den: Steak burgers, bacon butties, hot dogs, this food truck has a bit of everything for when those afternoon munchies set in.
- The Food Pod: More supersonic snacks to make you swoon.
- Turkish Kebab: Classic kebabs for rockin' out under the sun.
- Taco Medic: Yummy Mexican Masa tortillas filled with enough mouth-watering goodness to cure any appetite.
- Top Nosh: The name says it all.
- Zamora - Meat your match, from grilled beef brisket to pulled pork, they don't call these guys the meat preachers for nothing. Zamora is available only in the Wine Tasting Tent
If you're heading to the concert, don't miss our 2015 Summer Concert Dos and Don'ts.